Happy Holidays my friends!!! Whew, did this year go fast or what? Whenever December rolls around, I like to reflect back on what happened that was good or what needs improvement as I figure out what my priorities and wishes are for 2017. This past year my biggest goal was to zero in on what I most love to paint and I’ve happily accomplished that! I’ve also built and tweaked my website and shop and have really put focused attention on how I can help my collectors and potential collectors. I’ve seen a lot of growth this year; so THANK YOU for that! For 2017 I plan to focus on translating my new abstract landscapes on paper into larger works on canvas and panel... lots of variety in sizes and price points. I also plan to increase my commission slots as I work to get more healing art into the hands that need it! With the turmoil going on in our social climate these days it is more important than ever to surround ourselves with beauty and positivity.
Have you determined what your plans are for the coming year? Feel free to share them with me in the comments!
Here are some of my priorities for 2017:
- Become a more engaged mother for my children when I am not working
- Focus a bit more on making our home a cozy sanctuary for my family
- Lose 20lbs and get fit while gaining lots of energy
- Get more of my soothing abstract landscape paintings out into the world!
What was successful about 2016? Feel free so share your wins with me in the comments!
For me it was:
- Being chosen by Improper Bostonian Magazine as “Best of Boston: Wedding Keepsake” for my custom wedding bouquet paintings
- Getting featured on the Glitter Guide giving advice to work-at-home parents (as well as a studio tour!)
- Having a write-up about me and my work in our local newspaper The Nashoba Valley Times
- Having a feature in the December issue of artMAINE Magazine
- Getting to create several paintings-turned-prints exclusively for Maine Cottage Catalog.
- Selling my work at various boutiques; especially the online shop Loom & Kiln
- Figuring out my favorite painting style and subject-matter…knowing what makes me most happy to make.
- Getting to create custom commissions for so many special people…making work that is meaningful and special for someone else is a real honor!
I encourage you to reflect back on your wins of the year and celebrate them. It’s all about the journey and we need to enjoy all the little things along the way! That’s what life is all about! Thank you so much for sharing in my journey this year...I have felt so much support and encouragement from this community and I wish you the happiest holiday and New Year! Enjoy, be well, and stay positive!