Custom Wedding Bouquet Paintings by Megan Carty
A bespoke bridal bouquet painting will help you remember your wedding and appreciate your wonderful marriage each day, all while delivering show-stopping style to your home.
I want to help you celebrate and prioritize your marriage each day. It’s so easy to let life get in the way and simply forget how lucky you are to have someone you love so deeply in your life. But with a painting memorializing your bridal bouquet, you are prompted every day as you walk by the piece to stop and think of your love, your vows, and your happiness in this life. Not to mention, these are show-stopping custom paintings of all sizes to bring the ultimate in style and color to your living space that’s also incredibly meaningful. Imagine looking up at that once sad, blank wall and now you see a large vibrant, stylish, and sentimental piece of art that reminds you of one of the most special days in your life!
I use vibrant colors, loose brush strokes, and abstract pencil designs to capture the essence and personality of your wedding bouquet or special floral arrangement. My painting style isn't as concerned with depicting the EXACT flowers as you see them, but rather, capture the impression and mood they evoke through use of rich color and careful composition.
You will have an incredibly sentimental, uplifting, and stylish piece of heirloom art in your home decor collection you can proudly display anywhere in your lovely home (and show off whenever you have company over!).
NOTE: Your flowers don't HAVE to be related to a wedding; they can also be in honor of an anniversary, graduation, birthday, retirement, or any other special milestone occasion.
Medium used: Acrylic, pencil, and pastel on gallery-wrapped canvas panels that are 1.5 inches deep
Sides: The sides of the piece can be painted solid white, or any other color. I can also continue the background color onto the sides. This is all your choice. If you are looking to have your piece professionally framed, then I will simply paint the sides white.
Hanging: I typically install hanging hardware and a hanging wire on the back of the piece so it's ready to go!
Shipping: I can deliver this personally if you are within 1.5 hours of the city of Boston, MA. Otherwise, this piece will ship with utmost care with tracking and insurance via UPS. Shipping/Delivery fees are included in the commission price.
Style: As you can see in the examples below, I paint in a very loose and fluid style. Why do the bouquets look like they are almost melting? I work in an abstract way with a lot of vibrant color that runs down the canvas. This is a distinctive style that sets my paintings apart from all the others. It's a unique defining design element that I also use to balance the composition of the painting. Flowers are very fleeting; they are here today and gone tomorrow. I capture the memory before it melts away; hence the "melting" paint. If you don't want the paint dripping down, I can leave that out. If you are not a fan of my general painting style; I am not offended and I'm sure you will find another artist whose style matches your own personal tastes! NOTE: I cannot change my style (it's like asking me to change my fingerprints), so pretty please do not ask.
36x48.....$3500-$4500* (this size goes great over a standard couch)
*price depends on complexity of the piece
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF MY PAINTING STYLE:
How We'll Work Together
1. Let's chat! Simply send me a commission inquiry (below) with your request; things like size of painting, where you are located, and what you're looking for. I will send along answers to any questions and a pricing quote as soon as possible. Please note I only accept 5 commission requests per month. If you have an image of your bouquet you'd like me to use, please attach it in an email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If we decide we'd like to move forward with your custom bridal bouquet painting, I request a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the final cost. This enables me to get the materials I need for your piece and cover my painting time. I will also need whatever photos/jpegs you have of your wedding bouquet or special floral arrangement. This can be paid with credit card through a PayPal invoice I email you. (you do not need to be a PayPal member to take advantage of this).
3. I will create the painting and take photos of my progress as I go. I will email you images so you can weigh in with your thoughts. Remember, this is for you and I want you to LOVE it! Acrylic dries quickly and I can easily paint over it if needed!
4. Once I'm done, you will get a final image for your final approval. Once I get that approval, I will go ahead and invoice for the final 50% fee for the painting to cover my time and the shipping/delivery fees. This is also non-refundable. Again, I want you to LOVE your painting before we finalize everything!
5. Once the payment is in hand, I will then have your painting professionally packaged and shipped with tracking and insurance via UPS. If you live relatively local to the Boston, MA area, then I can deliver the painting right to you! (Or, you are welcome to pick it up here at my home studio and see where it was created!). If you have a special event happening and would like me to do an unveiling, I am open to doing that. This is a special occasion!
6. Unwrap and love your new piece of original art made just for you! (and hang it in a prominent location for everyone to Oooooh and Ahhhh over!)